Hey everyone, hope you are having a great weekend. I am still trying to recuperate, but have a fun weekend as well. Here’s to hoping you guys are well, taking vitamins, and care of yourself!
I was so touched yesterday when I found out that Hannah of theysayshewasaflowerchild nominated me for my fourth blogging award, The Sunshine Blogger Award! How cool is it that this is also my 100th post too!
The rules are as follows:
1. Share 11 facts about yourself.
2.Answer 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
3.Nominate 11 other bloggers.
4. Include 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Notify your nominees with this post.
11 random facts about me:
- I am left handed.
- When I was in the fourth grade, I wanted to be a veterinarian, or marine biologist.
- My favorite food is cake.
- I have never ridden a horse, but would like to try one day.
- I really don’t like sports.
- If I could shop everyday for the rest of my life, I would.
- I am scared of heights.
- I am obsessed with 80’s style, music, and movies.
- One of my life goals is to backpack through Europe.
- I LOVE fresh flowers of any kind.
- I have a habit of twirling my hair around my finger, endlessly.
1. What is your ultimate dream job?
I really would love to start my own fashion related business, whether it be sales, writing, or styling.
2. Why do you blog?
Well, I love helping people. I am always getting complimented on my outfits, or style and figured that starting this blog was a great outlet for inspiring others to dress in a way that makes them feel and look great.
3. Where do you find your inspiration?
I love reading other blogs and I love to fall in love with trends straight off of the runway. I am a huge fan of style.com
. They are great for fashion news and do a great job of reporting on every major runway show from any given designer out there.
4. Favourite up and coming brand?
Anthony Ryan Auld, he won Project Runway All Stars last year. He isn’t technically a brand, but his style is so practical and chic. He is also from Louisiana too!
5. What happened in the last dream you remember having?
I usually have bad dreams, when I do dream. Luckily though, I forget my dreams right after waking up and honestly I couldn’t tell you what happened in my latest dream. It was probably silly anyway.
6. Which movie best represents your life?
This is such a hard question! There isn’t really a movie I feel relates to real life. I really admire The Breakfast Club though. Our society doesn’t allow individuality, people are so quick to put a label on you and have you stereotyped as this, or that. Everyone just wants to look like someone else they consider attractive, or “perfect”. Growing up I wasn’t a stick, I had curly hair when straight hair was popular, I didn’t play sports, and was self conscious. I wish more people were open minded and accepting without being so quick to judge one another by their physical appearance. If we spent less time judging and more time talking, we could have so many wonderful friendships.
7. Favourite meal?
Anything sweet, but I also love Italian food.
8. What is the most inspiring book you have ever read?
Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom is a wonderful book on life. Mitch revisits his favorite college professor who is on his deathbed. He asks him questions about life, regrets, and more.
9. Messy or organized?
I am a neat freak! I love having everything in its place.
10. Top 3 things on your bucket list?
Well like I said I want to go to Europe, have and raise sweet kids, and live the most fulfilling life I can by helping others, making memories, and leaving behind some kind of legacy.
11. What is your guiltiest pleasure?
My husband and I are sitcom junkies, we LOVE to sit on the couch for hours watching different t.v. series on Netflix.
Here are my nominees!
My questions for you:
1. Why do you blog?
2. What is your biggest fear?
3. Name your top 3 favorite stores/brands to shop?
4. What is one of your life goals?
5. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
6. What fashion trend do you absolutely despise?
7. Who is your style icon?
8. Name your favorite and least favorite food?
9. What is the best advice you ever received?
10. What is your dream job?
11. What is your favorite song all of time?
Thanks again to Hannah for the nomination and I can’t wait to read everyone’s answers! I have more ootd posts coming your way, so stay tuned!
until next time,
stay cute, stay sweet.